Sending alerts to a user-selected Microsoft Teams channel may not be successful on the first attempt. This is due to Microsoft security features that prevent MSPbots from automatically sending messages to Teams channels.
To successfully send alerts, you need to install MSPbots in Teams and authorize MSPbots to access the Teams channel where you want the messages sent. You can do this by adding the MSPbots to Teams and initiating a conversation to let the channel recognize MSPbots.
To configure MSPbots to send a message to a specific channel:
- Open Microsoft Teams and click Teams on the menu.
- Go to your main channel and click on the ellipsis button.
- Select Manage Team.
- Click Apps and search for MSPbots on the list of apps that appears.
- When the MSPbots window appears, select Add to a team from the dropdown list.
- You should see your chosen channel appear on the Type a team or channel name field on the window that appears. Click the Set up a bot button.
- Initiate a conversation by sending a message to MSPbots. Example: @mspbots help.