Escalation messages are sent to managers when specific bots are triggered by a set of criteria and conditions. Manager information is highly critical because it is where escalation messages are sent when employee circumstances consistently trigger specific bots.
Learn about the following in this article:
Prerequisites for configuring the manager's info
- Active directory setup for your company
- Admin permissions for setting up and updating the directory
- The user must be signed in to MS Teams to sign in to be able set up or modify the manager information in MSPbots.
How to set up a user's manager information
The Manager information is synchronized from either Active Directory (AD) or Azure Active Directory (AAD), depending on your directory's setup. MSPbots syncs AD information every 10 minutes after any changes to the directory.
If you are using AAD, go to the user's settings in the Azure portal to make changes. MSPbots automatically synchronizes AD information 10 minutes after each AD update.
If you synchronize your local Windows AD with AAD, update the Manager and Job Title fields in the user's Active Directory settings, and sync the changes to the AAD.
How to verify if the user's manager information is set correctly
- Open the MSPbots app and go to Settings > User Management.
- Check the if Manager column on the User Management screen shows the correct information.