Some clients manually input data in a flat file and upload it to Dropbox. Can MSPbots perform an ETL on this data for use in creating client datasets, and how is this done?
Here is how you can set up Dropbox and MSPbots to allow ETL:
- Set up the MSPbots and Dropbox integration. Follow the steps in this article.
- Add the file for conversion.
- Go to Integrations on the MSPbots menu.
- Locate the Dropbox integration.
- Click the ellipsis ... button then the Files option.
- On the window that appears, select the user with the CSV file in their profile.
- Next, search for the file from the File Name field. You can also search using the file extension.
If looking for a CSV file, you can search for *.csv to return all the CSV files the user has. Click the file that you want to convert into a dataset.
- Click the Save button. Add the file you want to use.
Note: Dataset creation is currently done manually by the MSPbots Data Engineers. This process will be automated soon. In the meantime, you can ask for help in converting your CSV file into a dataset by filing a support ticket.