Use this article to get information on the MSPbots paywall and how to set up, modify, and manage your billing configuration.
1. What are the MSPbots paywall notifications?
When your MSPbots plan has expired, or when you try to access an asset that is not included in your current plan, you will receive paywall notifications. These notifications indicate that your access to MSPbots assets has been restricted, and you will receive guidance on how to proceed. These are examples of paywall notifications that users may encounter.
Dashboards and Widgets Paywall Notifications
Bot Usage Paywall Notification
By default, MSPbots clients are subscribed to the Free Bundle which has a time-based free trial on system integrations and includes limited features and user access. To fully maximize the benefits of the MSPbots features on your business, we recommend upgrading your bundle or subscribing to new assets and plans.
- For the A LA CARTE package: New users synchronized from Office 365 will be assigned a User role, and related fees will not be automatically charged to the tenant account that purchased the package.
- For the STARTUP/PROFESSIONAL package: New users synchronized from Office 365 will be assigned a Dashboard Only role, and related fees will not be automatically charged to the tenant account that purchased the package.
2. Setting up your billing account
Get your account ready for future transactions and set up billing with these steps:
- Log in MSPbots app and navigate to Settings > Billing.
- On the Billing tab, navigate to the Pay Method section and click the + ADD NEW button.
- Select Add Credit Card or Add Bank Account.
If you selected Add Credit Card, fill in the following information on the Create Card tab:
If you selected Add Bank Account, fill in the following information on the ACH tab:
Name as per Account
3. Verifying your ACH account
You need to verify your ACH account if you added a bank account to your payment method. To do this,
- Go to the Pay Method section on the Billing screen.
- Click the Verify link beside your bank account.
- On the Verify window, enter two Verification Amounts and click Confirm.
- The authentication process is successful once your ACH account no longer shows Pending Verification.
4. Upgrading your plan or bundle
Boost the benefits of MSPbots on your business by upgrading your plan or bundle. Once you've set up your billing account, you can follow these steps to upgrade:
- On the Billing tab, navigate to the Your Bundles section and click Change.
- When the Customize your plan window opens, select your preferred Bundle Type and Billing Frequency.
Next, select a BI package, the number of users, and the apps you want to include in the plan. The system automatically calculates the total cost as you make your selection.
Selected bundle - Startup Bundle
Number of users - 14
The Startup Bundle gives access to up to10 users. Because the users are more than 10, you must purchase four slots for additional users.
Total Cost = Startup Bundle ($700) + Extra number of Users x cost per user (4 x $70 = $280)
= $700 + $280
Also included in the Startup is your selection of up to four BI packages. You can change this selection later.On the "Customize your purchase plan" page,
* When you choose the ConnectWise Manage - API BI package, you will not only have access to the assets and data of ConnectWise Manage - API but also those belonging to ConnectWise Manage - SQL.
* If you select both the ConnectWise Manage - API BI package and the ConnectWise Manage - SQL BI package, you will be able to access the assets and data of both ConnectWise Manage - API and ConnectWise Manage - SQL.
* Opting for the ConnectWise Manage - SQL BI package will grant you access only to the assets and data of ConnectWise Manage - SQL.
- Click Next when done selecting.
- When the Your Order window appears, review the details of your order and click the Proceed To Checkout button.
- Lastly, review the details of your account, and click Pay (amount) & Subscribe to complete your order.
- To verify your upgrade, go back to Marketplace> Bundles. If you upgraded to Startup, you should see the Current Plan button in this section.
- The Your Bundles section shows your current plan.
- When clicked, the Bundles Usage tab shows the list of Assets, Quantity, and the Next Billing date.
5. How to purchase or subscribe to new assets (A la Carte Usage)
- Go to the MSPbots Marketplace and click the asset that interests you. Select BI Packages, Bots, Apps, or Featured apps.
- For example, if you need Bots for your company, click the Bots tab and Bot Usage.
- Next, click the Purchase button in the Bot Usage window.
- Choose to pay monthly or annually, then select the BI package and specify the additional bot users that should be included in the package. The cost will be calculated automatically according to your selection.
Click Next and follow the prompts.
- Review your order and click the Proceed To Checkout button.
- Lastly, click the Pay & Subscribe button to complete your order.
- Validate your purchase on Billing > A la Carte Usage and check if the new asset is on the Assets list.
6. How to view your billing history and get an invoice copy
To view the details of your billing history, go to Billing and scroll down to the Billing History section. This section shows the Transaction ID, Transaction Time, Card Number, Amount, and a link to the downloadable invoice.
To download a copy of the invoice, click the download icon under the Invoice column.
Below is a sample invoice.
7. How to cancel an A la Carte Usage subscription
- Go to the Billing page and click the A la Carte Usage tab.
- Select the specific package to cancel and go to the Action column.
- Click the Cancel icon then click Cancel Now when prompted.
A pop-up message that says "Successfully reactivated your subscription" will appear to confirm the cancellation.
8. Adding a Billing Email Address
Follow these steps to change or add the billing email address that will receive invoices from Chargebee:
- Log in to the MSPbots app and navigate to Settings > Billing.
On the Billing tab, go to theInvoice Email section and click the + ADD NEW button.
- In the Invoice Email pop-up window, enter yourEmail Address.
- Click Confirm to add the billing email address and save it in the Invoice Email section. Chargebee will start sending invoices to this email.
9. Changing Your Billing Email Address
- Navigate to Settings > Billing in the MSPbots app.
- On the Billing tab, go to the Invoice Email section and click on the ellipsis button to select Edit.
- In the Invoice Email pop-up window, modify the billing Email Address.
- Click Confirm to keep the configuration.