Setting up a Dropbox integration with MSPbots is done by authorizing Dropbox in MSPbots and configuring the data source. Dropbox now supports both Teams Sync and Personal Sync.
This article has the steps for setting up Dropbox and adding CSV files for dataset conversion.
Users with the admin role can set up the Dropbox integration.
This procedure requires Dropbox login. Log in before you proceed.
How to set up and connect Dropbox to MSPbots
- Log in to MSPbots as an administrator and go to Integrations.
Search for Dropbox in the search bar and click it to open the configuration settings.
If you are a Teams administrator and need to synchronize files in the Teams folder, authorize the sync and click Teams Sync.
If you are a personal user and need to synchronize files in personal folders, authorize the sync to the folders by clicking Personal Sync.
- When prompted to authorize MSPbots to pull data, click Yes, authorize MSPbots.
- Click Save in the message box saying that you have successfully linked Dropbox appears.
- Test the connection.
How to add a CSV file
- Go to Integrations on the MSPbots app.
- Locate the Dropbox integration.
- Click the ellipsis ... button, then select the Files option.
- On the window that appears, enter the filename in the File name field, then click the search button.
You can also use the file extension for search. For example, if the file extension is .csv, search for *.csv to return all CSV files.
- Select the file for conversion from the search results.
The UTF-8 encoding format is the recommended format for uploading files to MSPbots. Ensure that your file for upload is in this format as uploading files in other encoding formats may cause issues with the dataset conversion. For example, datasets from uploaded UTF-16 encoded files generate spaces between units. You can check the encoding format of your CSV file by opening it in a text editor such as Notepad. If it is not in UTF-8 encoding format, save it in UTF-8 encoding format before uploading it.
The CSV files cannot contain the following:
- Blank rows
- Blank column headers
- Duplicate column headers
- Symbols in column headers
- Column headers that are more than 25 characters long
- Numbers with commas
If your file upload triggers a rule, delete the original datasets (named "Dropbox Data XXXXX_csv" and "Dropbox XXXXX_csv") then upload your file again.
- Click Save and Sync.