Use this article to set up the ConnectWise Manage - API integration with MSPbots.
You need admin permissions to perform these steps.
Prepare the following before you start:
- Company ID
- Company URL
How to connect ConnectWise Manage API to MSPbots
1. Create the Security Role for MSPbots.
- Log in to your ConnectWise Manage Console.
- Click System > Security Roles.
You can copy some roles if they have all read-only access already or you can create a new role.
- Use the Role ID: MSPbots and ensure it has the correct level and correct Restrict Board Access.
Set the permission.
- Set All to Inquire level for all fields. No add, edit, or delete level permission is needed for now. Keep them at None.
Check the permission using the permission-checking function in MSPbots app.
Make sure you select All as Inquire Level for all fields.
Check the customized permissions.
MSPbots need to have permission to read your data because, without data, the bots and reports won't work.
Since we need data to create dashboards and to drive the bots for automation, share only the data that you are comfortable sharing and any data that you want to analyze via dashboards or to create automation with. For example, if you want the auto dispatchers to put a higher priority on clients who pay you more, we need their MRR data. Most MSPs share everything, except the password field, since we have a lot of pre-built dashboards.
2. Create the API key.
- Click System > Members > API Members > + .
- Fill in the blanks and select options on the required fields marked with an asterisk (*).
- Put the Member ID and Member Name: MSPbots
- For the required drop-down fields, choose an option based on your company configuration.
- Click Save to go to the next screen.
- Role ID: MSPbots
- Click API Keys, then +, type MSPbots in the description, and save.
- You will get the Public Key and Private Key. Copy and paste these in the MSPbots setup window to finish the setup.
- Set up the API in the MSPbots app.
- Login to Integration.
- Navigate to ConnectWise Manage - API.
Click the Config option.
- Copy and paste the details into the setup window.
- Click Save and Sync.
ConnectWise Manage Product Website
ConnectWise Manage API Documentation
It is useful to add more functions to ConnectWise Manage. If you want to do this, read https://developer.connectwise.com/Products/Manage.
FAQ: What kind of permission does MSPbots need?
MSPbots need data from ConnectWise to generate reports and to drive the bots using data-driven decision-making. This makes having read-only permission for MSPbots to all your data important, especially if you want to create automated processes.
In the future, we will create more bots that can perform actions like creating and closing tickets. We will be asking permission accordingly.