Kaseya BMS now allows for new user types based on API-only access. This user type in BMS does not allow direct login but has read/write permission. Use this article to connect MSPbots to Kaseya BMS using an API-only user account.
How to set the API user type and connect Kaseya BMS to MSPbots
- Create a new employee in HR > Employees.
- Choose Api Employee as the User Type.
According to Kaseya's help desk, API users will no longer be enforced for multi-factor authentication. If your tenant's setting for Require MFA for non-SSO users is set to "Yes," the API user can generate the access token. For more information, see Dedicated BMI API integration account in PSA.
- Go to the MSPbots app and navigate to Integrations.
Search for Kaseya BMS and enter the following information.
- Server - Select from the following servers:
- Company - Provide the company name used to log in to Kaseya.
- UserName - Enter your Kaseya username. Make sure this is associated with a root user to prevent data discrepancies.
Password - This is your Kaseya password.
- Click Save and Sync.
- Test your connection.