How to set up the ConnctWise Automate integration with MSPbots
1. Setup in ConnectWise Automate
- Create a dedicated Automate user account with the following settings:
- Create a new user: "MSPbots".
- Create a new user class: "MSPbots".
Make sure the user class has all the read-only permissions.
On the General tab, select the Integrator checkbox at the bottom-left corner of the window. This will bypass Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) for accounts used for integration.
Next, on the Permissions tab, allow read-only permissions to clients and select the Allow HTTP Tunnel checkbox. If you haven't modified the user class default settings, you can select Help Desk Users.
We recommend giving read-only permissions to the selected assets because new widgets and dashboards are developed every week. This will save you the effort of adding more permissions. However, you can leave data that you are not comfortable with sharing unselected for now.
Then on the Groups and Clients tab, add All Agents and All Clients to the Group Membership.
2. Setup in MSPbots
- Go to Integrations in the MSPbots app.
- Find ConnectWise Automate and click it to open the settings.
- Input your Automate URL, Username, and Password.
- Click Save and Sync.
"Error message: 403 - Forbidden: Access is denied. You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied."
Check your firewall and ensure that the MSPbots server is allowed. For more information, read the article What MSPbots server IP addresses can I allow through the firewall?