This guide shows how a user can modify an existing data source to create stacking columns that show the number of open tickets assigned to a technician per ticket status.
The procedure applies to other scenarios where users would like to configure widgets to show the breakdown of data in a column.
In this article:
Create the stacking column
- Go to Widgets and find the widget to be modified.
- Click on the ellipsis ... button and select Clone.
- On the Clone Widget window, give the widget a new name, review the roles, and add a description for the widget. When done, click Confirm.
- Next, go back to Widgets, find the cloned widget, and open it.
- When the Widget Builder window appears, click the data source icon, then click the ellipsis ... button and select Edit.
- Add another dimension for status. Click the plus sign. Select Status for Fields and rename the Alias to Status. Click Add.
- Scroll down to the Order By section, click the plus sign, and select Technician and Status to arrange by Technician and Status. Clicking the arrows will arrange the data in a descending or ascending order.
- Click Save. You will see a prompt that warns about the widget already in use. Click the Save and Continue button on the prompt.
- Lastly, go to Config. Select Status for Dimension Group and StackingColumn for Type.
- Click Apply. Your widget now has stacking columns.
Watch the video tutorial