This article shows how to use the Shareable Link function to share dashboards.
What's on this page:
You may choose to view shared reports from a user's browser. This is done by utilizing the MSPbots Shareable Link function which allows users to copy and attach a shareable link to emails or other channels. With this function, you can also set a duration for the link's availability to the recipients.
If you are the person generating a shared dashboard link, but the person viewing the dashboard is in a different time zone than you, they will see the dashboard in your time zone, which is the time zone of the person who generated the shared dashboard link. This is because the time zone of the shared dashboard will follow the time zone of the user who generated the link. For example, if you generate a shared link for a dashboard and your time zone is CDT, but the people viewing the shared dashboard are in the AEDT time zone, when they open the shared dashboard, the dashboard's time zone will be displayed as CDT.
You need admin permissions to clone and share dashboards.
To share a dashboard using a shareable link
- Go to Dashboards and search for the dashboard that you want to share.
- Click on the ellipsis icon and select Share from the options.
- The Share option is only available in the My Dashboards tab and My Favorites tab. Use the Search function to find the dashboard you want to share.
- Template Dashboards are not shareable. The Share option will only be available after you clone the template dashboard.
- Click the Copy button to copy the URL for sharing.
- Click Additional Settings and select Customized Time to specify a limit to the link's availability or No Time Limit if the link will be available without limits.
- Click Save. You may now share the link via email or any channel. Use the URL to view the dashboard. Press F11 to enter the full-screen mode, and press Esc to exit the full-screen mode.
Don't forget to click Save before copying and sharing the link.