You can change the time zone setting in the Users Work Schedule under Settings of the Attendance Manager if you have employees working in different regions of the world.
What's in this article:
User issue and background information
Attendance Manager users whose shifts extend beyond midnight are logged out before the end of their assigned work schedule and receive the following message:
An employee whose work schedule is set to 6:00 PM to 2:00 AM Europe/Amsterdam (UTC+02:00), for example, is logged out automatically at midnight occurs because the Attendance Manager follows Central Standard Time (CST) UTC−05:00 and changes the status of all logged users to OUT at midnight (12:00 AM CST). This setting can cause work schedule issues for people working in different time zones. To avoid these issues, change the time zone in the Users Work Schedule to another setting like America/Chicago (UTC-05:00).
How to adjust the time zone in a user's work schedule
Only users with the admin role can modify the time zone settings.
- On the Attendance Manager app, hover over Settings and select Users Work Schedule.
Alternatively, you can go to Settings > Work Schedule in the MSPbots app.
- Select an organization from the Organization dropdown list then go to the Select Users dropdown list and select the user whose work schedule settings need to be modified.
- Next, go to the Action column and click the Edit button for the selected user.
- Select America/Chicago (UTC-05:00) from the Working Time Zone dropdown list.
Example A. If your work schedule is 6:00 PM to 2:00 AM (Europe/Amsterdam (UTC+02:00), it will be adjusted to 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM America/Chicago (UTC-05:00).
Once the time zone is changed, the time in the MSPbots app will adjust automatically to match the new time zone.
- Update the Template Time manually based on your chosen time zone. Based on Example A above, enter 11:00 in the From field and 19:00 in the To field.
- To eliminate the task of setting the working hours separately for each day, click the Schedule Unify button for each day of the week to directly apply the Template Time.
- Click Confirm.